Versatile and easy, these little crustless quiches, which are baked in muffin trays, can serve as a side, as breakfast, or as a meal.
- 0.25 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1.5 tbsps butter
- 1 roma tomato (diced)
- herbs of choice (eg. thyme, rosemary, sage, fresh pepper)
- 120 g cheese of choice, shredded or chopped (I used herbed goat cheese this time, but I also use aged cheddar on occasion)
- 12 eggs
- 0.5 cup cream or high-fat milk
- Muffin tray & cups (cups are optional)
- Frying pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin trays with parchment cups (optional).
- Sauté the onion with butter in the frying pan.
- Mix the eggs, milk/cream, and herbs of choice gently in a pourable container (see the frittata recipe for details on not overmixing eggs in this context).
- Distribute the onions, tomatoes, and cheese evenly into the muffin cups.
- Add the egg mixture and bake for 20-30 minutes until done.